Dyslexia Clinic Barrie
We offer the best methods to teach dyslexics.
1 period per day, 3 days per week
Intensive Reading Therapy
4 periods per day, 5 days per week for one month
Professional Dyslexia Training for Teachers and Parents
How: 2 days: 4-5 hours for each day plus 2-hour mentoring when the “parent or teacher” has worked for 8 lessons with a student.
When: Please phone for available dates
Where: Ontario (Barrie, 1 hour north of Toronto)
How: Very practical training in a group or individually
- Workshop on the characteristics of Learning Disability and Dyslexia, what to teach, how to teach, and the importance of creating a positive learning environment.
- Analysis of the different English sounds and techniques to work with children who are hard to teach in reading and spelling.
- Demonstration of a real session with a student in therapy.
- Explanation of the 20 steps involved in the program.
- Practice-teaching in role-playing teacher/student, with Mr. Day available to answer your questions.
Teacher: Mr David Day, Certified Orton-Gillingham Teacher with 20 years expertise as a teacher and instructor.
Mentoring is available
The goal is to allow the parents and professionals to continue to learn from Mr. Day as they work with clients in a case study setting.
Can be done in person, by Skype, or phone.
Certification of the proficiency in using an Orton-Gillingham Method is available for teachers